Cool Social Media Sharing Touch Me Widget by Blogger Widgets



Tuesday 10 December 2013

How to generate Internet traffic with Selenium

I am interested in the possibility of boosting web traffic using Selenium. I wrote recently about instructions on how to access Movie2k when it is blocked by your ISP. New to blogging, I thought that this handy net tip would attract loads of views and my Internet stardom would be born. But to my dismay, around a week later I have had virtually no page views. I even went to the trouble of posting links to my blog on a few social media sites (I will write a post on using social media to boost traffic in a future post) but still barely got any views.

Its hard for budding bloggers to make their way on the Internet when it is so difficult for your blog to be found in the first place. I am sure you have all read 'x ways to boost your blog SEO' or similar, but as far as I can tell, it isn't that easy. Adding a few keywords doesn't seem to have had any affect for me so far. I am aware of the basics, like writing loads of blog content, commenting on other people's blogs, building an online presence, etc. In truth though, I'm lazy. I want to do this the easy way, if there is one. And I'm not entirely sure that the 'x ways to boost your blog SEO' is even going to do the trick in an ever increasingly saturated blogosphere. I'm hoping that Selenium might be able to help me here.

For those of you that don't know, Selenium is a wonderful tool that can be used to automate web browsing. In the past I have used Selenium to test websites that I have developed for bugs on the front end of my websites. This blog post is a little tricky, as you will require some knowledge in programming and HTML to be able to use Selenium. I will include some code examples, in the hope that anyone may find it useful. But this isn't a programming/HTML tutorial as such, but an experiment into boosting web traffic with automated browsers. I cannot be bothered surfing about for references, so a lot of this is going to be off the top of my head, there's plenty of programming/HTML/Selenium tutorials out there.

This blog is also tricky in that I am entering unknown territory. I haven't done this before and am not entirely sure whether this will work or not. I could go off and experiment and then my post my result later, but where's the fun in that?! .... [more to follow]

No comments:

Post a Comment